As the temperature drops, we want to make sure you are taking the proper measures to care for your Scion. In Louisiana, we mainly drive around in warm weather. Although we only experience chilly weather for a few months out of the year, it’s important to be prepared.
Here are 5 Cold Car Care Tips to hold onto for your Scion:
- Keep your vehicle’s battery charged as batteries become weak in colder weather. Also, see when you need to get your battery replaced. They last for three to five years, on average. It may be time for a replacement!
- Have your brakes checked. If roads become slippery, you will want to ensure that your car will brake correctly and safely.
- Make sure your heaters, defrosters and wiper blades are in good condition. Low visibility can make driving in cold weather very dangerous.
- Keep your gas tank full. Do you normally drive until you use up every last drop of gas? That is not smart during the extreme temperature changes! Condensation forms on the inside of your gas tank, and if enough water forms on the fuel line, it can freeze. So be sure to refill your tank, regularly!
- Check your tire pressure. The extreme temperature changes can affect the air in your tires. The air in your tires is actually what carries your vehicle as you drive, not your wheels. Therefore, it is important to maintain.
Here in Louisiana, our weather is constantly changing. That is why our team suggests that you stay prepared by keeping your vehicle in the best shape that you can for any situation you may encounter. Hold on to the 5 Cold Car Care Tips to keep your Scion just like the day you purchased it.
Need assistance in scheduling your next service appointment? At All Star, we make it convenient for you to schedule your service appointment – you can go online 24/7 by clicking here or call us at (844) 515-2742.
All Star Scion of Baton Rouge is a proud member of the All Star Automotive Group, and carries the Scion line of products. We serve the Baton Rouge and New Orleans areas as well as Denham Springs, Walker, Addis, Central, Baker, Prairieville, Gonzales, Hammond, Port Allen, Plaquemine, White Castle and Lafayette. If you are in the market for a Scion, come by our Dealership at 9150 Airline Highway in Baton Rouge and experience Sales, Parts, Service and Collision that is really All Star!
Let our team at All Star Scion of Baton Rouge help you find just what you are looking for! We have a large selection of new and used vehicles to choose from. There is something for everyone. Click here to see our inventory!
Our staff is qualified and able to assist you with any vehicle needs, concerns or questions you might have. We assure you that you will not be disappointed in our team! Come on over to All Star Scion of Baton Rouge to receive All-Star service!